Climateflux in looking for a Geoinformatics Specialist for Urban Digital Twins
Position: Full-time / Part-time
Duration: 2 years starting from March 2022
Location: Munich, Germany
Application deadline: February 28
- Obtain and pre-processing of land-use/land-cover and GIS datasets.
- Working with satellite images and earth observation datasets like MODIS and SEVIRI.
- Design and prepare simulation scenarios for physics-based simulations including the parameterization of the Urban Canopy Model (UCM) and microclimate.
- Data fusion from earth observation methods and simulation platforms using machine learning techniques.
- Analyze, design, develop, code and implementation of programs in Python programming language, for Web and Rich Internet Applications.
- Supporting applications with an understanding of system integration, test planning, scripting, and troubleshooting.
- M.Sc. in Geodesy, Geoinformatics, Remote sensing, Computer Science or similar.
- Interest in earth observation methods and applications.
- Interest in the topics of 3D City Models (CityGML data).
- Basic knowledge in Linux, server administration and virtualization technologies (e.g. Docker) are desirable.
- Basics skills in statistics, data science and machine learning are desirable.
- Experience in routing and navigation platforms are desirable.
- Very good knowledge of German or English language (written and spoken).
Climateflux is a company researching and working in the field of environmental data science in cities. Our main focus is highlighting the interactions between outdoor environmental quality and people’s presence, for improving the quality of the urban experience. We employ data mining and data analytics combined with computational methods in a way so that the potential impact on humans and human life becomes an inseparable dimension of future cities.
- Letter of motivation
- 1 page resume
- Work samples
Please send your application to email@example.com before February 14, 2022.